[Zope] Concepts

Karl Munroe komunroe@uwimona.edu.jm
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:58:12 -0800

This was something I used:

What I have done is create roles in the the root (root here means the start
folder you want to have in the directory tree)folder. For each of the
subdirectories for the users define the permissions for a particular role.
Example: I have a folder for group 1 named group_1. The group_1 folder is a
child folder in /Groups. create user with role group_1_role in the acl_users
in the /Groups parent directory, do not set permissions. In the
/Groups/group_1 directory define the permissions for role group_1_role. This
way only those useres in group 1 who have been assigned the role
group_1_role will have access to the folder group_1 (apart from the
manager).

The idea here is that you might be able to add permissions to add and manage
zclasses. If this doesn't work at least you will a way of restricting the
access to the different folders among your users.

I also deleted the acl_user folder in the groups folders. This way, they
will not be able to add/manage users or change their user details.

Karl Munroe.

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of mixo
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 2:10 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Concepts

Is there a way to  define a group in Zope?
For instance, could I have user1, user2 and user3 as
part of a group, say "testers", and the group "testers"
can access to certain folders (or something of that sort)
in  Zope.  I want  users within a group to be able do
updates on  folders that  group they belong to  has been
assigned to.

Mixo Shiburi
I have had a look at  "roles", and what they seem to do is
define permissions and not groups of people.