[Zope] How to assign a value to a dtml variable after it has been create d with the let dtml tag ?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 23:38:59 +0200 (CEST)

Bocquillon  Philippe writes:
 > I would want Zope considers 'false' as a string value assigned to
 > isSelected, not as a var to search.
 >         <dtml-let aPortalCategory=sequence-item isSelected='false'>
           <dtml-let aPortalCategory=sequence-item isSelected="'false'">

 > ... assigning to DTML variables ...
You can not do that.

You can use "REQUEST" to emulate such variables:

    <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('your_varname',value)">
    <dtml-var "... your_varname ...">

You must be careful, to choose 'your_varname' in such a way
that there are no name conflicts, as REQUEST variables have
quite a low priority in lookup.

Dieter