[Zope] Checkbox form data storage was (Help with expr)

Eric Walstad eric@walstads.net
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:48:21 -0700

Hi Todd,

I'm moving this over to the mailing list in case other's want to join in fun
:)

Does your database table have *one* string field named "membership" or are
there many boolean fields that represent the different memberships that each
user record can have?  Depending on that answer, you will need to use a
different method to store the checkbox data in your database.

When your form is submitted, Zope will interpret your check boxes as a list
of string values.
You can verify this by posting your form to a DTML method that includes:
<dtml-var REQUEST>
and looking at the form variables.  That list represents the items checked
in your form.

In your ZSQL Method you can use the <dtml-sqlgroup> , <dtml-sqlvar> and
<dtml-sqltest> tags to dynamically build your SQL string.

Have a look at the "Passing Parameters to Scripts" and "Dynamic SQL Queries"
sections of the Zope Book.  There are a lot of great examples there.

Good luck,

Eric.