[Zope] Proxy role doesn't work for manage_clone?

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson@yahoo.co.uk
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 17:43:32 -0000

I have a Python Script that contains a line like this (with
appropriate assignments of DestinationFolder, PrototypeObject and
folder_id):

    DestinationFolder.manage_clone(PrototypeObject, folder_id)

The script is intended to be run by anonymous users, but only the
Manager role has permission to add folders to DestinationFolder (the
folder acquires its permission settings ultimately from the root
folder, which specifies that the Manager role has all permissions).
So I gave the script a proxy role of Manager. Despite this Zope still
prompts for authentication credentials. Why doesn't the proxy role
seem to be taking effect (another test script has successfully
established that the Anonymous User can read the properties of
PrototypeObject, in case that was an issue).

Hamish Lawson