[Zope] Question about the default view of a ZClass named index_html

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 20:49:48 +0200 (CEST)

Michiel Toneman writes:
 > If I call it index_html, the following URLs get me a zero sized reply of
 > mime-type text/x-unknown-content-type.
 >
 > http://server/MyFolder/
 > http://server/MyFolder/index_html
 >
 > However, I can use the object as
 >
 > http://server/MyFolder/index_html/index_html
This is an effect of the following ZPublisher code
(from "ZPublisher.BaseRequest.BaseRequest.traverse"):
                # Check for method:
                if path:
                    entry_name = path.pop()
                elif (method and hasattr(object,method)
                      and entry_name != method
                      and getattr(object, method) is not None):
                    request._hacked_path=1
                    entry_name = method

It explicitely checks for "entry_name != method".
This probably has the purpose to avoid infinite loops.

In your case, "method" is "index_html".

Dieter