[Zope] Question about the default view of a ZClass named index_html

Michiel Toneman michiel@apenstaartje.nl
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 00:47:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Michiel Toneman writes:
>  > ...
>  > If I call it index_html, the following URLs get me a zero sized reply =
of
>  > mime-type text/x-unknown-content-type.=20
>  >=20
>  > http://server/MyFolder/
>  > http://server/MyFolder/index_html
>  >=20
>  > However, I can use the object as=20
>  >=20
>  > http://server/MyFolder/index_html/index_html
> This is an effect of the following ZPublisher code
> (from "ZPublisher.BaseRequest.BaseRequest.traverse"):
>                 # Check for method:
>                 if path:
>                     entry_name =3D path.pop()
>                 elif (method and hasattr(object,method)
>                       and entry_name !=3D method
>                       and getattr(object, method) is not None):
>                     request._hacked_path=3D1
>                     entry_name =3D method
>=20
> It explicitely checks for "entry_name !=3D method".
> This probably has the purpose to avoid infinite loops.
>=20
> In your case, "method" is "index_html".
>=20

Hi Dieter

Thanks for the explanation! I've tried the solution Geir B=E6kholt sent me
(inheriting from the Renderable-ZClass product) which worked like a charm :=
-)

I'd already started on a custom folderish ZClass to hack around the problem=
,
but now I only need a small adjustment to my original Product (i.e. there h=
as to
be a render method, which only calls "<dtml-var index_html>".

Thanks for your help!

Greetings,

Michiel Toneman

--=20