[Zope] Zope namespace question

Frank McGeough fm@synchrologic.com
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:14:53 -0400

Remote scripting?I'm confused by Zope namespaces. I'm trying to open a DTML
document from a DTML method. The hierarchy is :

Members/Staff/ADocument
Info/Calendar/calendar.dtml

That is, my DTML method is calendar.dtml and the document I wish to open is
ADocument. How do I go about doing this? I want to get the contents of
ADocument into a Python vector where it's split by it's newlines. I've tried
:

<dtml-let docContents=="_.string.split(ADocument.raw,'\n')"

but that obviously doesn't work because I don't have Members/Staff in the
namespace stack. I've read the DTML doc in the Zope book but it didn't have
examples like this -- that is, opening arbitrary locations in the hierarchy.

Thanks.