[Zope] Server Side Questions

Eric Walstad eric@walstads.net
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:15:21 -0700

Hey Mixo,
You can call external programs/CGI scripts from Zope using "External
Methods."  You basically wrap the CGI call within a python script (not to be
confused with a Zope python script) which returns the result of that call to
Zope.  There are lots of examples of External Methods out there, look in the
Zope book and the mailing list archives.  Also, if you scour the mailing
list archives, you'll find an example of what you want.  Search for CGI and
my name and you'll find something on it from about year ago.
Be very careful in doing these kind of External Method / CGI calls  as it is
a potential security risk.
Eric.