[Zope] Install won't start

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 21:15:12 +0200 (CEST)

Lalo Castro writes:
 >     We're running OpenBSD 2.9 and just installed Zope 2.4.  Everything
 > seemed to install correctly, but when we attempt to start the Zope
 > service by ./start in the Zope directory we get a few lines of error
 > messages, that follows.
 >
 > "
 > Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
 > Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
 > Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
 > 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
 > Traceback (most recent call last):
 >     File "/web/Zope_directory/z2.py", line 296, in ?
 >         import os, sys, getopt, string
 > ImportError: No module name os
 > "
 >     Has anyone gotten this error before?  Is this an OpenBSD library
 > problem?
This means, Python does not find its library.
Normally, it is derived from the path "Python" is executed
with. Thus, if the Python executable lives in

      "/usr/local/bin"

the library would be looked for in

      "/usr/local/lib/python<version>/"

In some cases, Python is unable to determine its path
and in other cases, binary and library are placed in a
non-standard way.

As suggested in the message, you can define the
environment variable "PYTHONHOME" to tell
Python about the location of its library.

Dieter