[Zope] ZPT: How do I see if something is in a sequence?

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:57:10 -0500

I am new to pagetemplates, and have to admit -- I have banged my head until
its blue. I am very tired, and I need help.

I have a sequence , hl_roles=['can', 'have', 'different', 'strings'], its
also a attribute hanging off a object called member.

I am trying to test to see if a string is in the hl_roles sequence.  how do
I do this?  in DTML its *straight forward*
<dtml-if "'different' in member.hl_roles">
 I've tried
tal:condition="python:'different' in member.hl_roles" and
tal:condition="exists:'different' in member.hl_roles

neither work.

please help
~runyaga