[Zope] problem with authorisation using webdav/HTMLDocument

Joe Gaffey Joe.Gaffey@gradient.ie
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:34:54 +0100

Hi all,

I am having a weird problem with authorisation using webdav and the
HTMLDocument product.

The problem:
------------
When I create a new document in say Netscape composer, publish it, I am
asked for a username and password, ..... everything works fine.
When I then browse to this page it is there, I can edit it, and republish it
as above .......... all beautiful so far.
The problem is that when I then edit this page but enter an invalid
username/password on publish ........ it publishes anyway.

The interesting things I noted:
-------------------------------
If I enter an invalid username/password on creation of a new file I am given
an 'authorisation failed' message. (as expected)
If I enter an invalid username/password on editing a DTMLDocument I am given
an 'authorisation failed' message. (also as expected).
In the security tab of the root folder I can set roles that can 'Add HTML
Documents', but there is no corresponding 'Change HTML Documents' available
on the list.

Questions:
----------
Has anyone else seen this problem?
Can anyone tell me if it is likely to be a problem with HTML Document or
with the way my Roles are defined?
Should there be a 'Change HTML Documents' option on the Permissions list?

Sorry if this is vague, is there any other info I can give?  I am running
Zope 2.3.2 on linux, with HTMLDocument 0.2

If anyone has ANY suggestions, please help :(

TIA,
Joe.

Joe Gaffey
Software Developer
Gradient - a Sabre Company

Ormonde House			Tel:	+ 353 1 2400 500
12 Lower Leeson Street		Fax:	+ 353 1 2400 501
Dublin 2				Email:	joe.gaffey@gradient.ie
Ireland

Web:	www.gradient.ie
	www.sabre.com