[Zope] How to know if a user already exists?

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 07:53:27 -0400

umh, this could spell trouble for many user folder implementations where=20=

retrieving the user contents requires more work, like database or=20
LDAP-lookups. the "getUserNames" or "getUsers" methods on those kinds of=20=

user folders should be used sparingly ;)

all you really need to do is to take the new user name and use it to =
call=20
getUser on the user folder. if the result is "None" there is no user of=20=

that name in the respective user folder. otherwise you get back a user=20=

object.

if self.acl_users.getUser( new_user_name ):
     return 'Error: User Exists'
else:
     self.acl_users._addUser( username, password, confirmpass, =
liste_role,=20
0 )

jens

On Friday, August 17, 2001, at 04:30 , Sylvain Boureliou wrote:

> Sorry for the last empty Re:
>

> Hi Juan
>
> You can try :
>
>     confirmation =3D "ok"
>
>     for x in self.acl_users.getUserNames():
>       if (x=3D=3Dusername):
>          confirmation=3D"error"
>          break
>
>     if confirmation=3D=3D'ok':
>         =
self.acl_users._addUser(username,password,confirmpass,liste_role,
> 0)
>

> Sylvain

Juan