[Zope] Dynamic HTML Forms

McMains, Sean smcmains@origin.ea.com
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:39:12 -0500

Hi Folks,

We're working on a transaction processing system. At one point in the flow,
an administrator needs to see a list of all pending requests, and approve or
reject them. Since the information is all in a database, we'll be doing a
query against the database to build the form on the fly. If the first row
has a field called "value1", the second a field called "value2", etc, how do
you go about processing the results from the form when you don't know how
many fields there will be? Or is there a better approach to this problem
than naming the fields like this?

When I've done similar things in ASP, I'd pass the number of rows in the
form as a hidden field, and then use that value to iterate through the
fields. Is there something comparable to do in Zope, or is there a better
way to do this?

Still very new to Zope, so be gentle. :-)

Thanks for any help!
Sean McMains