[Zope] acquisition and permissions (newby)

Giuseppe Bonelli g.bonelli@pn.itnet.it
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 20:06:15 +0200

Hi all,

I need advice on the best strategy on how to manage hierarchical =
permissions without having to give up on acquisition.

Here is my situation (quite standard, I guess):

I have a top folder with a top ACL and a set of standard files =
(global.css, index_html, standard_html_*, breadcrumb_nav).

I then have a subfolder with its own ACL.

It could be nice I could acquire the standard files from the top folder =
without having to mantain multiple copies in the subfolder in order to =
avoid access errors.

Currently I keep multiple copies of the standard files, but this is =
particularly annoying for the breadcrumb, as it must contain quite a lot =
of <dtml-try> in order to test the various PARENTS conditions, depending =
both on the role of the user and on the folder where breadcrumb lives =
in.

I am sure I am doing something wrong !!!

Any pointer would be appreciated,

TIA,

--peppo