[Zope] getting a list of authorized objects

Giuseppe Bonelli g.bonelli@pn.itnet.it
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 23:59:59 +0200

Are you saying that the key error I get when running in a role =
differente from manager:

<dtml-in PARENTS skip_unauthorized reverse>
    <dtml-var title_or_id html_quote>
</dtml-in>

is not my fault and was working prior to Zope 2.4 ?

See also my previous message "[Zope] acquisition and permissions =
(newby)")

I am running Zope 2.4 (I never run an earlier version).

--peppo
-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of J.
Cameron Cooper
Sent: venerdi 17 agosto 2001 21.59
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] getting a list of authorized objects

In Zope 2.3.3, I could do a dtml-in on "objectValues(['Folder'])" with=20
skip_unauthorized and it would work passably well. It might not get the=20
sequence variables right, but at least things got shown when they should =

have been and not otherwise. Now I'm trying it on Zope 2.4, and no such=20
luck. I know that there was some rewriting of the dtml-in rendering=20
between these releases (probably the restricted execution arctitecture), =

but whatever happened, it doesn't work like it used to.

Now I get a KeyError on the first attribute of the first unauthorized=20
thing that comes up in the list. This is a result of trying to do this=20
operation on a "Access contents info" restricted object. It's not=20
skipping unauthorized.

So I decided that I'd go and use ZopeFind, but since the folders might=20
have local roles, it doesn't really work easily. I've been trying to=20
figure out how to find out whether an object is allowed in a=20
PythonScript so I can do it myself, but no luck so far.

So either:
1) what's wrong with dtml-in in 2.4.0, and how can I fix it? or
2) how do I get this behaviour otherwise?

        --jcc
      (blast!)