[Zope] ZODB transaction speed on local Zope?

Darran Edmundson Darran.Edmundson@anu.edu.au
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:40:53 +1000

Has anyone encountered the following?  On two
of our Zope installations (one a Win2000 box,
the other a Solaris machine), changes via
the ZMI take a painfully long time.  For
example, changing the edit textarea using the
"wider" and "narrower" buttons takes 4 seconds.
Similarly for object adds and deletions, copy
pastes, etc.

Now the bizarre thing is that accessing the
same Zope instance from another machine (e.g.,
the w2k Zope from the Solaris machine, or vice
versa) yields the snappy Zope response to which
I've become accustomed.

In both cases, it's Zope 2.4 using ZServer.
The problem exists for both Netscape (on W2K and
Solaris) and IE on the W2K machine.

Any thoughts?  At the moment, I'm having to go
and use another machine's browser to edit my
local zope.

Cheers,
Darran.