[Zope] Invalid connection string

Russell Hires rhires@earthlink.net
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:59:44 -0400

Well, I figured out why it's invalid: I didn't have the appropriate
permissions to access the database itself. Once I checked the postgresql
logs, I found that out. Then I changed the permissions in the pg_hba.conf
file to allow local TCP/IP access, and I was able to connect.

I'm hoping the author of PoPy, Thierry Michel, can fix this and detect that
there aren't adequate permissions in the db, rather than simply reporting the
"Invalid connection string" error. Or is that a generic Zope problem?

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Russell