[Zope] Dynamically generating text graphics in Zope

Anders Schneiderman schneida@seiu.org
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:20:01 -0400

I'm trying to create a site for our intranet that will create text graphics
that people can use to construct a web site ala Cooltext.  For ex, I want
to be able to let someone enter five different menu names, pick one of
several color schemes/textures, and then spit back the graphics so they can
copy them.  Two questions:

1) Has anyone done this before, and if so how did they do it (and do you
have code you'd be willing to share)?

2) If not, any suggestions on how to get started? Obviously, gimp on
Windows is one solution, but I'm a bit daunted at the prospect of taking it
on.  Are there any apps designed for Windows that can be run dynamically
w/o driving you crazy?

My Zope site will be running on an NT box, so linux-only software isn't an
option.

Thanks,
Anders