[Zope] Python method for getting contents of a sub-folder

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:15:31 GMT

I want to (or simply think I should) use a python method to get information
about an instance of one object in a first sub-folder from a DTML Method in a
another sub-folder.  Graphically put,

Main_Folder
  +-- Get_Contact_Info (Python method)

  +-- First_Folder
  |  +-- Contact_1 (DTML Document)

  +-- Second_Folder
     +-- index_html (DTML Method)

>From index_html, I want to call the Get_Contact_Info method (through acqusition)
and have it return the absolute_url and title of the object(s) in the first
folder (e.g., Contact_1).

The question I have is what little trick do I need to include in the
Get_Contact_Info method to obtain the correct set of ObjectValues of the objects
in the First_Folder?

The nice thing about this methodology is that I don't have to worry how far down
the branches of the tree I am to get basic information from the "base" folder.
I simply use acqisition to call the method.

TIA,

Ron