[Zope] Securing Apache w/ Zope?

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:19:57 +0200

> hi,

> I have a site that is split of from Zope by Apache, it's a MailMan site.
> http://www.x.com/this/that

> I need to secure it from public access, but I don't want to create
> accounts in Zope, then accounts in an Apache realm.  Can I make the
> Apache site go through Zope's authentication OR restrict access by
> IP subnet in Apache?

Hi Jason,
You can even restrict access even by ip in apache. For more
sophisticated uses look at modules.apache.org for modules like
mod_auth_any or mod_out_script which allow apache to hand off
authentication to an external script (method) (sic!).
Also things like mod_auth_mysql or mod_auth_postgresql would
- together with the right user folder in zope - allow to
unify zope and apache authentication.

It really depends on what exactly you want to do what tool
to choose - but I'm sure you'll find one.

cheers,
oliver