[Zope] url_quote

Alex Burton burton@w3cast.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 03:58:19 -0400

Hello All!

I'm having a little problem:

newlines in TEXTAREAS used to enter forms are encoded as %0D%0A by
url_quote which is standard (newline+return).  however, this data is
loaded by a Flash file (through a loadvariables call), and Flash
renders 2 newlines instead of just one (treating both %0D and %0A as
new lines).

There seems to be no way to instruct flash to ignore one of them. Is
there an elegant way to prevent one to happen in Zope?

Is it possible to add my own "url_quote_single" to the dtml-var tag,
which i guess could be a url_quote wrapped in a string.replace?

I'm using url_quote quite heavily (all the site data goes through
it), so an efficient solution is hoped for...

THanks!

Alex.