[Zope] Will ZOPE solve my problem?

Luis Neves lneves@netcabo.pt
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:23:11 +0100

Hello all,

I am new to this list and to ZOPE and before I dive into documentation
and start banging my head against the wall I will ask for your advice
first.

Here is my problem:
I am in charge of building an application for a real estate company.
The purpose of the application will be to manage all the data
(Properties,clients ...) of the company.
They have 4 offices scattered across the country, all offices have
a dedicated connection to the Internet with a fix IP.
They also have a web site and it's necessary that the changes in the
data reflect themselves on the web site (the data on the web site is
a sub-set of the data in the offices, e.g: they  don't have client
information in the web site, but they have information about available
houses to rent).

So my question is:

For what I've seen of ZOPE it would be trivial to make the application
and install a copy in all four offices, but is it possible to
synchronize the data between all four offices and the web site?
Also, they are thinking of opening a small office with a dial-up
connection (dynamic IP); would it also be possible to put this office
in the equation?

If so, can anyone point me in the right direction?
Where should I look for information about this?

Thanks,

Luis Neves