[Zope] Help with folders and authentication

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 22:15:37 +0200 (CEST)

Todd Loomis writes:
 > Why when I do this does the acquire permission settings all get check when
 > I all want what I list below. Also is there away to may a form login, as
 > I'm using Zope 2.2.5 and none of the things I've tried worked such as
 > LoginManager and CookieCrumbler.
At least I have real difficulties to understand your English.
Not sure, whether you can do something about it, but perhaps
some care and rereading before sending will help...

 > <dtml-with "folders[REQUEST['folder']]">
 > 	<dtml-call expr="manage_addFolder(id=REQUEST['FolderName'],
 > title=REQUEST['FolderName']) and manage_permission('Access contents
 > information', 'Add Documents, Images, and Files', 'Add Folders', 'View',
 > ['Adstemp', 'Manager'],1,REQUEST)">
 > </dtml-with>
Separate the "manage_addFolder" and "manage_permission" into
two separate "dtml-call"s.
Not sure, that "manage_addFolder" returns a true value.
It probably will not, unless you pass a "REQUEST".

Even better, use a Python Script for the operations.

Your "manage_permission" has a really strange signature.
It cannot work this way. The various permissions need to
be packed into a single object.
Look up its definition to learn how it should be right.

I know for sure that "LoginManager" and "CookieCrumber"
support "form login". Thus, you need to be more explicite
about the problems you had experienced.

Dieter