[Zope] image upload

Roman V. Isaev rm@aroma.ru
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 16:36:05 +0400

	Ick. Ack. I've switched from zope's standalone webserver to
apache + fastcgi + zope and so far it looks stable and doesn't
go wild with that accept error. But I stumbled on another problem --
images do not upload correctly at all. Then stared apache at port 80
and zope at 8080. If I upload image through site:8080/manage interface
it uploads fine. But if I upload image through site/manage (or my own
cgi form), image corrupts on the way! When I export both good and bad
images into xml format and diff them, these files are slightly different
in binary part. What can corrupt image on its way through apache and
fastcgi?

	Of couse, it's easy to say use 8080 port to update the site.
Unfortunately, I can't run zope at 8080 port, because of previous
bug with accept :( I can't find that bug because it happens only once in
two or three days, only under normal conditions (i.e. I ran httperf and
put a big load on the site... everything worked okay, only to hang
several hours later). And since my boss is very unhappy with webserver
going down at odd hours when I'm unavailable, I can't really debug this
situation :(

--
 Roman V. Isaev         http://www.aroma.ru         System Administrator

P.S. My configuration is: Apache/1.3.20 mod_fastcgi/2.2.10 zope 2.4.0
python 2.1.1 openbsd 2.7