[Zope] RE: [Zope] Request regarding 'Hotfixes'

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wcg.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:38:00 -0500

Gee, topics such as these make it tough to sign with 'Cheers' :)

I'm really not interested in piggybacking on ZC's usage of the work Hotfix,
but I choose such to describe the method of the change.  It isn't a source
patch, but a behavioral patch.  It uses the Hotfix method per Caseman.
I'm not so sure the term "Hotfix" should be associated with Security
Changes.  Perhaps we need a differentiator.  I don't mind changing, but
HotPatch doesn't work technically, HotFix - taken, HotMod - too trendy
sounding, Monkey Patch - Who'd take that seriously?, PixieDust - too
nebulous.  Any more Ideas?

Troy