[Zope] zope as databasefrontend?

Ralf Duda Ralf.Duda@m2s-clip.de
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 20:25:07 +0200

Hello,

maybe I'm on the way against the zope internal philosophy ...

We use a postgresql Database and MS Access :( as frontends.
Now we would like to use zope as frontend and skip Access.
The Access applications are quit simple but depents on a rather complex
permission structure, realized in postgresql.

Now to zope
-----------
One way is to create a zope connection with the highest access
permissions on the database.
Now if a user logged in, a script checked out what the user is allowed
to do (maybe with complex SQL statements and special database rows). :(

In my opinion a better way would be:
A user logged in and then the database connection would be established,
with the username/password and of course the right database permissions.
This connection should be open until the user logout. :)

I haven't found any hind on this kind of connection. (Late database
connection)
In general, is it possible to do it?

Must it realized it completely in a extra phyton script? (sounds
complicated)

Or is there maybe any example, which I had not found? o)

Thank's for any help!

best regards,
Ralf Duda