[Zope] Weird CatalogAware behavior re: metadata?

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 11:33:30 -0700

I have a python product that has a class derived from CatalogAware and
SimpleItem.  I programmatically add instances of these (1000s of them) on an
automated basis every day in the early morning.

My problem is that whenever I do this, the Catalog is updated with some
problems:
1 - Metadata is skewed: DateTime objects are cataloged, and they end up with
the wrong date ('2001/01/01') instead of today's date, even though the
actual property.
2 - Text indexes only get a portion of their text stored in the metadata,
not all of it.

Using a bulk reindex solves this problem (subtransaction off, haven't tried
it any other way).  I'm using Zope 2.3.2 with ZEO 1.0b3.  The automated
process queries SQL for data, and uses those queries to create object
instances of the previously mentioned catalog-aware class, and I create
anywhere from 2000-7000 objects at a time.  I'm not sure if this is due to
the size of the transaction I am running.  I haven't tried this in a smaller
transaction yet; I was wondering if anyone else has seen this.  Any
thoughts?

Sean

Sean Upton
Senior Programmer/Analyst