[Zope] Error when starting Zope - Python15.DLL not found

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 19:17:24 +0200 (CEST)

Evan Harris writes:
 > Am pretty new at this Zope thing but hopefully someone can tell me what I
 > am doing wrong :)
 >
 > I downloaded Zope (V2.4)and have been playing with it, generally having a
 > pretty good time. I decided to venture into database connectivity territory
 > to see what additional function that added but after locating the resources
 > I apparently needed and following the install instructions (I think :)) I
 > get an error when starting the Zope server that Python.DLL cannot be found.
 >
 > I looked for it on my system (I'm running Win2k) but can only find a
 > Python21.dll that looks to be anything like it.
 >
 > The ZODBC product shows up in my ZOpe products with a cracked box so it
 > knows it's broken.
 >
 > What obviously dumb thing have I done or missed ?
Apparently, you installed a ZODBC product for Zope 2.3 (and Python 1.5.2).
It needs the Python1.5.2 DLL. But with your Zope comes
Python 2.1 (with the "Python21.dll").

Search the mailing list archives.
Someone has posted a link to a ZODBC package compiled for Zope 2.4
(and Python 2.1)....

Dieter