[Zope] Product Update Strategy

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 23:32:57 +0100

> ..well doing this kindof thing is exactly what I use it for: you
> write a new
> version of a product which has attributes in different places in
> classes, etc,
> and you need to update old instances.

What do you do with entirely new methods?

<cw>
As in ZClass method? Add them using the normal manage_add* stuff. Utility.py
in Squishdot has methods to do this.
</cw>

Installing a python product should be ok, but I'd like to automate
the installation of the external method because none of the users
currently have management rights.

<cw>
Well, you could write a product that does monkey patching and updating on
initialisation and the delete itself off the filesystem ;-)
</cw>

cheers,

Chris