[Zope] Script hanging....

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:03:40 -0400

[Rustad, Aaron]

> I am calling a ZSQLMethod from a python script which in turn gets called
> from an action form and it seams to be hanging on me.
> Do I need to redirect the response in this case?
>
> Here is my code:
>
> context.control.sql.insert_course_chair(title_id=int(person.position),
> section=person.section, name=person.name, email=person.email,
> phone=person.phone)
>
> It executes correctly, inserting a record, but the page that called it
just
> hangs.

Yes, the browser needs to get a return from the server, even if it is just a
204 (no response) code in the http header. With a 204, the browser won't try
to load anything.  I seem to remember that Zope has some way to do this, but
I can't remember what.  I know that's not too helpful, but I'm trying to
encourage you to keep looking.

Cheers,

Tom P