[Zope] A new standard image object (was Re: image hot fix)

Ausum augusto@artlover.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 05:20:01 -0500

Seb, would you mind to share with us the main guidelines for an
ImageMagick-Zope implementation like yours? :)

I think you're right on the subject of setting up separate processes. I'd
use Photoshop if there was a straight method to Photoshop from Zope and
viceversa, in Windows. But there's not, and at this very moment it's
neccesary to deal with OLE automation controllers, prior to any Zope
acquaintance. Although the farm idea is perfectly suited for an intense
image-processing environment, I prefer to store new image sizes (like in
ZPhoto and Photo) and only process once for every new image.

I think that Marc's ImageTag hotfix and Photo/ZPhoto products might need to
be merged in the standard image object: A standard image may or not contain
its own other resized versions, as a user's choice, AND a standard image's
tag methods should be able to custom-resize it on the fly, using PIL (in the
medium term I expect PIL to workout its quality issues).

What does the list think about this?  :)

Ausum