[Zope] Czech Zope portal

Phil Harris phil.harris@zope.co.uk
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:59:18 +0100

All,

This is a bit premature as the site is not really ready for human
consumption, but metazope.org is up and serving.

We have a three machine Zeo cluster, with machines in UK, Texas and
California.  The storage server is in California as well.

The UK machine serves EU, the Texas machine serves South America and the
California machine serves North America and the Rest of The World.  It was
done this way since the machine in Texas is fine as a storage server, but a
bit underpowered for massive amounts of hits. (It's debatable wheteher the
UK one is in any better position ;) ).

Content is light at the moment, but I suppose this message can be seen as a
call to arms.

We welcome any one else who wants to get involved, other Zeo clients are
also welcome, I'm sure the DNS could be split even more.  A machine in
Eastern Europe would be even more welcome ;).

Thanks for listening.

Get writing, read the 'mission statement' by Casey Duncan, get active.

Phil
phil.harris@zope.co.uk