[Zope] CVS/VSS - how are others doing it?

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:47:13 -0700

Hello,

We taking the first steps towards using zope as an Intranet server.  What is
the best way to do file repository stuff - CVS/VSS?  I know there is
ZCVSMixin, however we are (primarily) a windows shop, and use Microsoft VSS.

I do use teamdrive, which is able to mount an FTP/WebDav server to a drive
letter, which I could then use with VSS, but as far as I know, using FTP/Dav
does not preserver object properties.  True?  If not, and properties can be
preserved, are there other issues with this?

Thanks - Scott