[Zope] CVS/VSS - how are others doing it?

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:38:58 -0700

Never mind about the skins comment, it's better to use my own skin, copy the
file(s) I want to modify into my skin, and put my skin ahead of the default
in the skin tool.  My head wasn't screwed on right for a minute...

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Meilicke, Scott
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 9:59 AM
To: 'Chris Withers'; Meilicke, Scott
Cc: 'zope@zope.org'
Subject: RE: [Zope] CVS/VSS - how are others doing it?

OK, I think I can live with that.  A few more questions/thoughts:

If I wanted to use a custom header in a subfolder, I could either use a
different name, or use a redirect.  i.e. all my pages within the subfolder
call standard_html_header, and that in turn is a method within the subfolder
that calls subfolder_html_header within the skin(s), similar in concept to
how Zwiki redirects index_html to FrontPage.  Valid so far?  Is it
feasible/wise to use a different skin for each subfolder I want to do this
with instead?

When modifying an existing file within a skin:  I would use VSS/CVS to make
the modification.  When a new version of the CMF comes out, I do a diff
between what I have and what is in the new CMF, and then deal with file
merging - standard stuff.

Regarding properties within the database, that shouldn't be a problem -
that's how it's done with RDBMs anyway...

Thanks Chris,

Scott