[Zope] Re: image hot fix

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-999629791.4bd056@logicetc.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:56:31 -0400

I'm using PIL.resize and it's clearly not as good as IM's output.  I just
realized, however, that IM is very slow compared to PIL when it comes to
resizing.  With Photo, it takes 20 seconds to resize an 800k image to 5
different display sizes using 'mogrify'.  It takes PIL 5 seconds.  'mogrify'
from the command line proves just as slow.  Sigh.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.