[Zope] ZClass views and manage_ methods

Lee Harr missive@hotmail.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 20:41:33 +0000

>Lee,
>I am burying myself in zClasses right now.
>Like you, I have been building different methods in the zClass for
>different
>views of the contained objects and for management.
>Very cool note on manage_tabs.
>
>***Would you know how to retrofit a zClass with ObjectManager in the base
>class?
>
>I discovered ObjectManager after creating a massive zClass, that I now need
>to retrofit with images.

I have not tried this, but my understanding from following the
list for a few weeks is that this is not possible in TTW ZClasses,
but _is_ possible in classes that are developed externally.

I am sure someone with more experience will correct me if
this is not true.

On a related note, I am somewhat concerned about the development
of ZClasses and what happens when I need to make some radical
change that may not propogate well to older instances.

What do people do regarding conversion from old to new ZClasses?