[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Photo Product Update

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-999715197.f5bb9e@logicetc.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:39:57 -0400

Hi all,

After much discussion on images in Zope, I've just released a new version of
Photo at http://www.zope.org/Members/rbickers/Photo/.

Photo now has support for ExtFile/Image so that rendered display sizes can
be stored in the file system.  This keeps ZODB bloat to a minimum (for those
who care about that) and provides the possibility for serving the images
outside of Zope (eg, via Apache).

Also, you now have the option to use ImageMagick or PIL for resizing images.
ImageMagick is slower (much slower in my tests), but produces better
results.  See http://www.bickersfamily.org/Photos/PILvsIM/ for a couple
examples.

This is still a development version, but it works for me.  If you used Photo
0.8.0, see UPGRADE.txt for important info.

You can report bugs and feature requests at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zopephoto/.

Enjoy!

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.