[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Photo Product Update

charlie@blanchardsite.com charlie@blanchardsite.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:25:09 -0700

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 02:39:57PM -0400, Ron Bickers wrote:

> Also, you now have the option to use ImageMagick or PIL for resizing images.
> ImageMagick is slower (much slower in my tests), but produces better
> results.  See http://www.bickersfamily.org/Photos/PILvsIM/ for a couple
> examples.

I brought up the examples in konqueror using it's side-by-side
browser window capability and the difference seeing those samples
right beside each other was really noticable at all sizes. The
PIL images in all cases in addition to being jaggy on diagonal
edges was noticably more contrasty...

Now that I don't have to load PIL, I've got no excuse for not
implementing Photo...

cheers,
--
charlie blanchard