[Zope] RESPONSE.write()

Paz paz@chello.nl
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:05:24 +0200

Thanks Dieter,

That's one to archive.

> i.e Use RESPONSE-write() to immeditaley put up you interface, and then
 > have the content come from normal html.
???? This sentence seems a bit difficult for me to understand....

Through use of <dtml-var item> you can construct a page from several
parts. A rough templating scheme is adhered by simply using the right
sucession of vars in your Document.

Say you want to build a site that streams. Since the rule is if using
write(), you must do the WHOLE thing with write, How can you build it so
you aren't rewriting all of your html tags to cryptic stuff like:

<dtml-call "RESPONSE.write('<html><head>\n   <link rel=\'stylesheet\'
type=\'text/css\' href=\'/Interface/' +  data.get('interface') +
'/Css/Msie\'>\n')">

What I would like to do is generally say:
RESPONSE.write(_.getitem('page'))

Could this be possible?

Thanks,
Paz