[Zope] REQUEST problems

jonathan jonathan@ftech.net
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:27:32 +0100 (BST)

Hi All,

I am reletively new to zope, and in particular to products, so please
accept my appologies if I am asking silly questions.

I have in fact nearly completed my first ever product.
The product was developed on a installation of Zope 2.4.0 and is giving
errors when used with Zope 2.3.2.

The error only occours when a method of the product is called directly
from the web.
The error does not occour when a dtml method is called that contains a
reference to a method of the product.

The error itself is that it can not find the object AUTHENTICATED_USER.
Printing out REQUEST confirms this.  There is no AUTHENTICATED_USER.
Again this only happens when calling a method of the product directly.

e.g. browsing http://zope-site/product/method generates an error but
http://zope-site/dtml_method does not, even when dtml_method contains
<dtml-var expr="product.method(REQUEST)">

Is this some sort of bug that was fixed in Zope 2.4.0 or has the way
things should be done changed between versions?

tia.. JOn.

--
Jonathan Stoneman - Development Programmer - Frontier Internet Services Limited
Tel: 029 20 820 045 Fax: 029 20 820 035 http://www.frontier.net.uk