[Zope] hasRole syntax ?

Amos Latteier amos@zope.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:07:04 -0700

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Brian Lloyd writes:
>  > hasRole is a very very old method that is deprecated, though
>  > I just looked and found that the help system (and possibly
>  > the documentation) lists it (and omits has_role, has_permission
>  > and other things that should be there).
> I knew the online help systems needs rework:
>
>   it is vastly incomplete and partially wrong
>
> Maybe with the new Zope components infrastructure, the
> interfaces become part of the Online Help (that would be quite
> naturally).

That's a good idea. In fact, I wrote up a project proposal suggesting
the same thing a while ago:

   http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/APIDocs/FrontPage

Unfortunately it's currently stalled due to lack of time on the part of
Mike and me. I would like to see it revived at some point, especially
with components becoming a reality now.

-Amos

--
Amos Latteier         amos@zope.com