[Zope] extending an acl_user object

Johan Parmar Johan.Parmar@reachin.se
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 13:38:57 +0200

Hi,

I just wondering how you have guys have done the member central. For example
how have you added properties to to the user profiles??
I can explain how I have done so far. I am using acl_users for my users. The
additional information about the users is solved by adding a product (I
found on your site) called "userinfo folder". The problem is now that when
I'm updating the default userinfo I also want to update the xtra userinfo.
I'm using the fcn "acl_users.manage_users" for adding/editing a user and
then I call "manage_editProperties" for setting/editing my xtra info. This
works fine but I have to it in two steps (i.e. two forms). Also I want to
decide where to redirect after my forms and so on... how can I do that

hoping for some answers

thanx

Johan