[Zope] Drag and Drop in ZMI?

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 21:28:46 +0200

> The server side should pose no problem....

Sure ...

> You have to work on the client side, telling IE what to do
> for a drop.

> I recently read posts in the mailing list about
> XML-RPC implementations in JavaScript.
> Maybe, you can use one of them to store the dropped
> content via XML-RPC into Zope.

Hidden requests that transmit the file to the server and refresh the current
view should be no real problem with Javascript. Though this might not even
be necessary. You could just trigger a normal REQUEST (the same that would
happen if you click on "upload") as soon as something is dropped onto a
"dropzone" on the website. AFAIK XML-RPC would not be necessary at all
(though it technically does the same with the HTTP protocol: hidden HTTP
REQUESTs, only using a special syntax ...)

I am absolutely no Javascript programmer, so I will probably not be the one
to do this. But it is certainly not impossible ...

Joachim