[Zope] AUTHENTICATED_USER reverts back to Anonymous User

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 06:46:20 -0500

I think this behavior is browser dependent. Some browsers (e.g.,
OmniWeb? others?) only send AUTH headers if a non-authenticated attempt
returns AUTH REQUIRED. Others (e.g., Netscape, IE, Mozilla?...) send
AUTH headers any time after the user is asked to authenticate, and the
URL visited has the same domain. I think Oleg is right though.. I don't
believe the spec requires AUTH headers to be sent unless they are
required and this produces exactly the behavior you've seen. It also
makes the Zope management interface useless (if you've ever tried to use
it with one of these browsers!)

good luck!
-steve