[Zope] Newbie comparison Zope, MSCMS and RedDot - editing content

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 14:34:28 +0100

Hi!

The Kontentor demo at http://212.6.156.163:44080/test/iuveno/Home shows (in
a very simple implementation) that Zope CAN do in-place editing. With the
Kontentor 2 release (which is going to be released "soon", whatever that
might mean ;-)), this will be improved a lot.

> Click on the red dot, and I can edit a paragraph. So far, all I have
found is how to edit object values through the management console. I
think there must be something in the Zope world to do this.

That's what you can do with Kontentor. Only that the dot is not red but is
an icon that says "Edit".

<advertising banner>
Considering the price tags of the aforementioned products: You'd get a lot
of customization, including all the in-place editing and WYSIWYG you might
have always dreamt of, for the same money, if you go with one of the Zope
services companies.
</advertising banner>

Cheers

iuveno AG