[Zope] question on ZClasses

Kevin Lewandowski kevinsl@yahoo.com
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 11:56:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi All.

I'm building a project tracking/document management tool with
Zope. Each of these projects is a ZClass containing a fixed
hierarchy, with each level having its own properties and
capability to attach files. The sub-levels are also stored as
ZClasses.

My question is: if I add a ZClass in the methods view of a
ZClass, how can I see that in any instances of the class? It
doesn't seem to work.

My current workaround is to use a dtml method to create this
hierarchy. The dtml method is called from the ZClass's add
method.

The problem with this is: if the hierarchy changes I need to
write a custom script to walk the entire hierarchy and
add/delete items. I'd like to just modify the top-level ZClass.

any ideas?

thanks a lot

-Kevin