[Zope] 2 Questions about links and files

Gordon Holtslander gordon.holtslander@sk.lung.ca
Wed, 05 Dec 2001 23:22:28 -0600

1. I have a local file system directory that has Word doc sermon outlines in
it. I'd like to have a link to the most recent of those files, but I don't
want to change it manually. Is there some way to have the link point to the
most recent file?

2. Obviously, not everyone has Word on their system. Is there some way to
dynamically take a word doc from the directory and turn it into a "browser
doc" so everyone can see it. I don't want to change the Word docs
permanently because people still need and use them as Word docs. I don't
want to have to manually transform all of them into html, although if that
was the least painful method of dealing with this I could. There are about
85 docs now, but there are at least 2 and as many as 9 added each week.

Thanks in advance,

Gord

Gordon W. Holtslander
Director of Development &