[Zope] setting precondition.

sanjeev c s sanju22_us@yahoo.com
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 05:04:42 -0800 (PST)

hello,
> in my webpage,i want user to download a zip file.
> this is the code

> </a>
>
> variable e_name contains the zip file with a id and
> title.
> now when i click on iname it opens the download
> dialogue box. i say save to disk.
> now id of the variable e_name becomes the default
file
> name(in the save as  box).
> can i make the title of e_name as a default name
> (in the save as box)?? how ??
> Please help.

This is not straightforward for a file, and esp. not a
zope thing/problem.
By default, the browser uses the tail of a URI to
construct the filename
for saving.

Additionally, most browser honor a http-header which
looks like

which would cause the "save as" box to display
"filename.ext" as
filename. Now we need to get zope to return this
header for an object of
type file.

Fortunately, a file has a property called
"precondition".
We use that to call a python script to set the right
header.

So put the following line in a python script above
your files in the
hierachy:

context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Disposition','attachment;

filename=' + context.title)

call it "setheader"

and use setheader as precondition for your files.

cheers,
oliver

where can i find information about setting
precondition for files ?? i tried to search on the
zope.org but its useless.

Thanks,
Sanju.