[Zope] Editing dtml content for non-techies

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 23:56:06 +0100

matt carey writes:
 > i'm wondering if anyone knows of a dtml editing tool (or soemthing) that
 > would allow for the editing of content within a dtml page on zope by a
 > non-techie?
The difficult thing is not plain text. It becomes difficult,
when your authors need special typographie: making things bold,
italic, emphazise, list, table, ...
Then, they need some way to express what they want and
that makes it difficult.

You have lots of options:

  *  ZWiki: here HTML is replaced by structured text
       You use indentation and simply typographie to
       control the layout

  *  currently, there are several threads about "in-place" editing.
     search the mailing list archives

  *  there are a number of WYSIWYG HTML editors.
     Search the mailing list archives for details.

We will probably go the third way. It provides an authoring environment
similar to MS Word and hides HTML.

Dieter