[Zope] newbie:merging acquisition results across multiple folders.

richard offer richard@whitequeen.com
Sat, 08 Dec 2001 23:11:46 -0800

I'm trying to design my first Zope site (well three in parallel), and I'm
stuck with how to merge acquisition results into a single result.

The sites have some common content, and some private content that is
specific to that site, so I've currently got:-

/Content/Photos/{ph1001,ph1002...}
/Hosts/site1/Content/Photos/{ph01,ph02...}
/Hosts/site2/Content/Photos/{ph01,ph02...}

The photos in /Content (ie. ph1001) should be available to both site1 and
site2. The Photos in each site should be specific to that site.

I was hoping that by using the same path (Content/Photos) that it would
make it easier, it shouldn't matter to the rest of the site/presentation
where the actual object came from, in fact I'd like for it to be
transparent. I started off writing a python script to do the merging, but
got stuck with traversing the hierachy (I'd want a generic script, as
I've only shown the current layout, not the end-goal).

I got to thinking, if its this difficult, I probably not doing it the
right way.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks.

richard.
--
richard offer @ home                        DSS  3072/1024 0x8AFBBFA3
        84 FE 48 E4 74 D0 26 D4  31 8E B6 86 98 74 E2 7C  8A FB BF A3